Corporate #culture is key when it comes to attracting and keeping the best employees. In most companies, a people-focused culture is implied, but very few businesses are actually taking actionable steps to make it a reality.
Culture within a company is about more than just dress codes, and mission statements. It's about the collective traits of the people behind the business, and the values and beliefs behind your brand (corporate and employer) that makes a truly effective culture. Simply put: your culture can be described as ‘the way we do things around here' or ‘our collective habits.' With this in mind, here are 5 ways to ensure you're creating a winning culture in your company:
1) People. Invest in your people by providing the training and coaching they need to lead others effectively, and to thrive and make an impact in their roles. But also, carefully select the new people that you bring into your organization. Ensure their values align with those of your existing employees, and your company's brand.
2) Purpose. Give your people a sense of purpose within your organization to help them to succeed and feel valued in their role. Create a positive environment where everyone feels like part of a team. This will result in more productivity and job satisfaction.
3) Perks. Most of the companies listed on Canada's Top 100 Employers list offer great perks for their people, such as employee training, flexible work schedules, and leisure perks like travel points and free yoga classes. Provide non job-related perks. It shows your people that you care about them, not just the work that they do.
4) Performance. Provide positive reinforcement for hard work and great results. Give valuable feedback on areas that could be worked on to keep employees challenged and engaged. A steady flow of communication between leaders and their teams greatly boosts employee satisfaction. It also keeps the corporate culture in check, ensuring that everyone is on the same page.
5) Passion. Create an environment where people love what they do. It's the best way to ensure that your winning corporate culture extends outside of your office walls. When people love their work and their workplace, they talk about it with their friends. If you have a strong employer brand, this ‘word-of-mouth' storytelling will increase interest in your organization and elevate the impression of your culture externally. And who doesn't want that?
Why does a winning corporate culture matter?
Companies with strong cultures enjoy labor cost advantages, great employee and customer loyalty, and a smoother transition when it comes to the promotion and development of new leaders.
Lisa will help you to create a winning corporate culture, why not start today?